My rambling musings on this breezy, spring afternoon here in the Midwest:
- Prince was my age…57! Maybe I need to start enjoying every moment. Who knows what tomorrow might bring!
- Life needs to be enjoyed every moment? Probably not, but it is important to be mindful.
- What constitutes living in the moment? Skydiving? Mountain climbing? Deep sea fishing?Traveling to dark, exotic places? Not really.
- My living in the moment today has been baking a homemade angel food cake for the first time, practicing yoga to Pandora’s R & B station (a little Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder sure goes fab with my down dogs and tree poses), driving around with the windows down and the music blaring, taking a few pictures of my blooming lilac bush, and enjoying the weather while I sit on my back deck.
- This life is mine. We really are all on our own, but it’s nice to have love.
- What is it about spring? I mean, really…ah…spring.
- What is mindful? Putting down my phone. Really noticing. Tasting every bite. Enjoying the company. Breathing in and breathing out.
- Sometimes you just need pie…and wine…and a great steak…and maybe more pie.
- It is time to stop living in suspended animation. Life is to be lived, even if it is way past 1999.
- Prince would want it that way. (And I am pretty sure I need a raspberry beret.)
Pink is usually my favorite color, but for today it’s purple. Purple flowers, purple sweaters, purple yoga mats, purple everything...even purple rain.